Sake

GUIDE TO TYPES OF SAKE

Futsu-shu — Made with regular table rice, often using automated brewing processes, and plenty of distilled alcohol. Futsu-shu represents about 75% of the entire sake market with premium sake constituting the remaining 25%. No minimum requirements for rice grain in this sake.

Junmai — Until recently, the minimum milling rate for Junmai was 70%, but the law changed and now no minimum milling rate exists for Junmai sake. Unlike for other sake grades, the milling rate must appear on the bottle.

Honjozo — Honjozo sake is often a bit lighter than Junmai sake, due to the small amount of alcohol added at the end of fermentation. 30% or more of the rice grain is milled away. 30% or more of the rice grain is milled away.

Junmai Ginjo —Indicates a special and painstaking brewing process where fermentation proceeds at lower temperatures and for longer periods, and pressing is often done by hand. This extra effort produces a sake that is layered and complex, light, and fragrant. All Ginjo and Daiginjo sake are considered "super premium sake". Less than 6% of all Japanese sake falls into this category. 40% or more of the rice grain is milled away.

Junmai Daiginjo
- An even more painstaking, labor-intensive brewing process than Ginjo, which results in sake that is even lighter and more fragrant and fruity than a typical Ginjo. Daiginjo often goes as far as a 35% seimaibuai (65% of the rice polished away). Junmai means "pure rice", so no distilled alcohol was added to the sake during the brewing process. 50% or more of the rice grain is milled away.


Filter
Price: 
Region: 
Type: 


Sort:   
25 products found

Results

Eiko Fuji Ban Ryu Honjozo Sake Japan Sake  Honjozo
Product ID: 28726
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Honjozo
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 23%:

Eiko Fuji Ban Ryu Honjozo Sake Japan Sake  Honjozo
Product ID: 28727
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Honjozo
Size: 300ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 27%:

Fu-Ki Sake  Japan Sake
Product ID: 25120
Region: Japan
Type: Sake
Size: 750ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 29%:

Gekkeikan Horin Junmai Daiginjo Sake Japan Sake  Junmai Daiginjo
Product ID: 24581
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Junmai Daiginjo
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 32%:

Gekkeikan Sake  United States  California Sake  Junmai
Product ID: 25170
Region: United States, California
Type: Sake, Junmai
Size: 750ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 35%:

Gekkeikan Silver Sake  United States  California Sake  Junmai
Product ID: 13723
Region: United States, California
Type: Sake, Junmai
Size: 750ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 31%:

Hana Hou Hou Shu Pink Sparkling Sake Japan Sake  Sparkling
Product ID: 28728
Region: Japan
Type: Sparkling, Sake
Size: 300ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 26%:

Hou Hou Shu Sparkling Sake Japan Sake  Sparkling
Product ID: 28729
Region: Japan
Type: Sparkling, Sake
Size: 300ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 23%:

Huchu Homare Watari Bune Junmai Ginjo 55 Sake Japan Sake  Junmai Ginjo
Product ID: 28738
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Junmai Ginjo
Size: 300ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 21%:

Huchu Homare Watari Bune Junmai Ginjo 55 Sake Japan Sake  Junmai Ginjo
Product ID: 28737
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Junmai Ginjo
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 23%:

Joto Daiginjo Sake Japan Sake  Daiginjo
Product ID: 28730
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Daiginjo
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 26%:

Joto Junmai Nigori Sake Japan Sake  Junmai
Product ID: 28732
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Junmai
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 25%:

Joto Junmai Sake Japan Sake  Junmai
Product ID: 28731
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Junmai
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 21%:

Kiuchi Kikusakari Asamurasaki Japan Sake
Product ID: 27575
Region: Japan
Type: Sake
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 26%:

Kiuchi Kikusakari Kurahibiki Daiginjo Sake Japan Sake  Junmai Daiginjo
Product ID: 27574
Region: Japan
Type: Sake, Junmai Daiginjo
Size: 375ml

Regular:
Sale:
Save 24%:

Kiuchi Kikusakari Tarusake Japan Sake
Product ID: 27573
Region: Japan
Type: Sake
Size: 720ml
Regular:
Sale:
Save 29%:


Loading...